General Dentist in Stockton, CA
Dr. Janice Scott received her DDS degree from Loma Linda University School of Dentistry in 1986 in the top 5% of her class, and her undergraduate education from Pacific Union College and Loma Linda University with a BS Degree in Dental Hygiene. Dr. Janice Scott is a member of the California Dental Association, American Dental Association and San Joaquin Dental Society.
Dr. Scott has practiced in Stockton since July 1986, has a passion for dentistry and enjoys treating the whole family. Dr. Scott took advanced studies in TMD and Occlusion from FACE (Foundation for Advanced Continuing Education) in Burlingame, CA. She also has taken many continuing education courses in cosmetic and restorative dentistry. Her focus is on adult restorative dentistry, prosthetics (fixed and removable), TMD (temporo-mandibular joint disorders), periodontics (treatment of the gums), esthetic dentistry and enjoys treating children.
She is also very active in her professional association and was on the Executive Committee of San Joaquin Dental Society and its President in 2006 as well as a Trustee to the California Dental Association in 2007-2013. She was a delegate to the CDA and ADA House of Delegates. She was a clinical instructor in Dental Hygiene at Loma Linda University, School of Dentistry in 1981-1982.
She is currently on the CDA Foundation Board of Directors (which has a focus for access to care for the underserved populations) and the CDA Cares Management Committee where she volunteers and supervises in the CDA Cares clinics.
Dr. Janice Scott is also on the Board of Governors of Farmers Insurance as well as a Board of Regents member for the University of Farmers.
Dr. Janice Scott’s passions include her children, her husband and her profession. She has a passion for volunteer work and helping those in need. She enjoys the outdoors, traveling and spending time with family, as well as the new addition to the family “Muffin”, a dog who has become the office Mascot.
I have been a patient of Janice Scott’s since she first started dentistry in the Stockton area. She and her staff are caring, kind, compassionate, skilled and up-to-date on the latest dental practices and technology. They are the best!
Professional Organizations and Awards
- American Dental Association, member
- California Dental Association, member
- San Joaquin Dental Association, member
- Academy of General Dentistry, member
- American College of Dentists, fellow
- International College of Dentists, fellow
- Pierre Fouchard Academy, fellow
- Omnicron Kappa Upsilon, 1986
- Sigma Phi Alpha, Valedictorian 1980
- Ben Oesterling Award in Removable Prosthodontics, LLU 1986
- Fixed Prosthodontics Award LLU 1986
- American Academy of Periodontics Award, LLU 1986
- American Society of Dentistry for Children Award, LLU 1986
- American Equilibration Society, Past member
- Stockton Sunrise Rotary, Past member
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Past member
Dr. Janice Scott interviewed about CDA Cares
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Janice Scott
Call (209) 478-3036 to schedule a dental consultation with Dr. Janice Scott at Deer Park Dental in Stockton, CA.